When life becomes overwhelming and you don’t know the solutions to the problems you’re facing, remember this: Jesus will carry you, if you let Him. The Lord is never confused. He is full of compassion. His mission is to seek and save the lost. So just let Jesus do His job.
If you feel like a little lost lamb right now, don’t fight the Shepherd. Jesus is not passively waiting for you to find Him. Jesus is actively seeking you. He loves you and wants you to cry out for help (Romans 10:13). (God won’t do anything against your will.) Still not sure? Here are a few love notes from the Lord to remind you…
- Everything with God originates in love, for God is love. (1 John 4:7-9)
- God loves you like 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Living Bible (paraphrased)…
- Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude.
- Love does not demand its own way.
- Love is not irritable or touchy.
- Love does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.
- Love is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.
- Love is loyal no matter what the cost.
- Love will always believe, always expect the best, and always defend.
- All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but Love goes on forever.
- Jesus will leave 99 people who didn’t mess up to chase after you. (Matthew 18:11-13)
- God values you—He even knows the number of hairs on your head! (Luke 12:6-8)
- Jesus loves you so much He would die for you (and He already has died for you!) (John 3:16)
- Jesus is your Savior. He wants to rescue you. Are you in trouble? Call Jesus.
Romans 10:13, Living Bible – “Anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- God’s love for you is so great, it is hard to understand.
Ephesians 3:17-19, Living Bible – 17 And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love; 18-19 and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God’s children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is: and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God himself.
- God’s plan for your life is greater than you could ever even think about imagining.
Ephesians 3:20, Living Bible – 20 Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of—infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.
- You are the only thing that can separate you from God’s love. Loving God is a choice you must make. (Romans 8:31-39)
- When you know God loves you, you want to love Him back. (1 John 14:9)
- God can tell that you really love Him when you keep (obey) His Word.
John 14:23-24, New King James Version – 23 “Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word; and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.”
- Obeying God is easy when you let Him carry you.
Jude 24-25, Living Bible – “And now—all glory to him who alone is God, who saves us through Jesus Christ our Lord; yes, splendor and majesty, all power and authority are his from the beginning; his they are and his they evermore shall be. And he is able to keep you from slipping and falling away, and to bring you, sinless and perfect, into his glorious presence with mighty shouts of everlasting joy. Amen.”
Image Source: “Footprints in the Sand”, http://jtbarts.com/gallery/believers-road-series-2/footprints-in-the-sand/