“And he said unto them, why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?” (KJV)
If you’re not filled with faith, recent headlines could strike terror in your heart:
- Rare Earthquake Advisory Issued for Oklahoma
- Strong Magnitude 6.0 Earthquake Rocks San Francisco Bay Area
- Guatemala Declares Emergency Over Central American Drought
- With Ebola ‘Moving Faster Than Efforts To Control It,’ Could Illegals, Terrorists Bring It To The US?
- Riots Erupt During Ferguson Protests; and the list goes on.
These events bring Luke 21:9-11 to life…
“And when you hear of wars and insurrections beginning, don’t panic. True, wars must come, but the end won’t follow immediately— for nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and famines in many lands, and epidemics, and terrifying things happening in the heavens.” (KJV)
Notice how Jesus instructs us not to panic. How can He expect us not to fear? Doesn’t God know what’s happening in the world? Of course he does. He also knows who He is. Do you really understand who Jesus is?
Jesus is God. He is the Alpha & Omega (Revelation 1:7-9); Emmanuel—God with us (Matthew 1:23). He is the Almighty God and beside Him there is none other. No one can stay his hand (Daniel 4:35). No word out of his mouth returns void but it accomplishes every purpose (Isaiah 55:11). His name means “salvation” and by no other name can anyone be saved (Acts 4:12).
John 14: 9-14
Jesus replied, “Don’t you even yet know who I am, Philip, even after all this time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!So why are you asking to see him? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say are not my own but are from my Father who lives in me. And he does his work through me. Just believe it—that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or else believe it because of the mighty miracles you have seen me do.
“In solemn truth I tell you, anyone believing in me shall do the same miracles I have done, and even greater ones, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask him for anything, using my name, and I will do it, for this will bring praise to the Father because of what I, the Son, will do for you. Yes, ask anything, using my name, and I will do it! (TLB)
There is a reason for the term “prayer warrior.” Don’t fear, just pray. God has promised to answer your prayers. Remember, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)
Direct your prayers to your realm of influence (family, friends and community) plus…
- The peace and safety of Israel
- Christians being persecuted around the world
- An elimination of the Ebola outbreak and the healing of those infected
- An outbreak of salvation–America’s return to faith in Christ and moral living
- God’s protection over America from all terrorist threats
- God’s protection over America from natural disasters
- And everything that bothers you
Today’s Life Key: Have no fear. Use Jesus’ name.