Many people say they believe in God. Yet, there are many religions in the world all with different gods. So who is the true God? It is an important question because the answer could change how we live our lives now and where we spend our eternal life.
Twenty Ways You Can Tell Who Is God…
- It started with Him and it ends with Him. (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-2, Revelation 21:5-7)
- He created everything. (John 1:3, Romans 1:19-22)
- If it is broke, He can fix it. (Jeremiah 18:3-10, Revelation 21:5,
- If it is confused, He can counsel it. (Proverbs 2:6, Proverbs 3:19, James 1:5)
- If it is sick, He can heal it. (2 Kings 20:5-6, Psalm 30:2, Luke 4:18, Matthew 4:23, Matthew 15:30)
- If it is dead, He can raise it. (John 10:14-20, John 11:21-46, John 20:11-17, Luke 7:11-16, 2 Kings 4:32-37)
- He knows more than anyone or anything else. (Romans 11:33-34, 1 Corinthians 1:19-21)
- You cannot capture Him. (John 8:58-59, John 10:27-40)
- You cannot confine Him. (Daniel 4:34-35)
- You cannot kill Him. He is eternal. (John 17:1-5)
- You cannot discourage Him. (Psalm 45:6-7, Psalm 37:12-14, Psalm 2:3-4)
- You cannot take anything away from Him. (Jeremiah 32:17-22, Psalm 33:9-11)
- He does not depend on you. (Psalm 100:3, 1 Corinthians 10:26, Psalm 50:5-15)
- He does not need anything you have. (Psalm 50:10-12)
- He does not sit on a shelf or pedestal. The earth is His footstool. (Isaiah 66:1-3)
- He knows all, sees all and is everywhere at the same time. (1 Chronicles 28:9, Revelation 19:5-6)
- He is all-powerful. (Daniel 4:34-36)
- He determines all the rules. (Hebrews 6:12-14)
- Nobody can make Him change His rules. (Malachi 3:5-7)
- He loves you more than you can imagine. (Romans 8:38-39, 1 Corinthians 2:9, Romans 5:8)
Why does God love you? Because He is God and He can do whatever He wants to do. He decided to create you in His image and in His likeness (Genesis 1:26-27). God created you for His good pleasure and developed a good plan for your life before He ever created the world (Ephesians 1:6-11). Before you ever made one mistake, God planned in advance how to save you from your sins (Ephesians 1:3-5).
If you pray all the time and never get an answer, consider this: You might not be praying to the one true God. The true and living God wants you to know Him and He will prove Himself to you. You can simply a prayer like this (even in your mind—He can hear your thoughts too).
I am not sure You exist and if You do I am not sure who You are. But if You are real, please reveal yourself to me and help me to know you.
Expect an answer. The one and only living God, always responds to someone who is searching for him (Jeremiah 29:11-13).
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9, New King James Version
Image courtesy of Chaiwat at FreeDigitalPhotos.Net
“God, Who Are You?” Hear one man’s incredible journey to finding the true God. Watch Ramin’s Testimony at Shekinah Worship Center.
To hear more sermons from Shekinah Worship Center/Pastor Joe Sweet of Lancaster, CA, subscribe to their YouTube channel ShekinahWorshipTV.